When you call our office and ask for help or information about an injury you suffered, we will listen to you. We will talk to you by telephone (at no charge), or in person (at no charge). After we have listened to how you were injured and what it has done to your life, we will advise you about the legal circumstances that enable you to be compensated or not.
Many of your first questions will be similar to these:
- Who will pay for the medical bills?
- I feel like my injuries are more than what they found at the emergency room, what should I do next?
- How do I get paid for my car, the towing bill and the storage bill?
- Why haven’t I been contacted by the insurance company for the person who caused this problem?
- What happens to me if I lose my job?
- How am I going to pay my bills while I am off work from all of these injuries?
- Do I even have a case?
The steps in managing all of the problems that come with being injured either by a car crash or some other incident can be confusing and overwhelming. Each case is unique with people struggling to get proper medical care, dealing with pain that changes everything in their life, and the stress from the threat from financial ruin. Our clients often want to believe that the other person’s insurance company will treat them fair. When you hire our office, you do not have to deal with the insurance company at all. We take over all contact with insurance companies, police, witnesses, the Defendants, and anyone who is trying to collect on medical bills from you. After you hire us, we will handle everything except your medical care. That is up to you and your doctor.
To get started, call 812-422-0222 or contact us online to schedule a consultation meeting. We are available weekdays, evenings and weekends for your convenience. At our office, you will sit down with a lawyer, who will listen to your story, discuss your concerns, and help you get answers. Many of our cases come through referrals. We’re honored so many clients and colleagues give us their badge of approval.